View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 01:15 PM   #15
jsceash

Garage
Here was what I did before I spent lots of money. I bought a lap timer data logger with video. In fact I've been through 3. Set up the track with 6-10 segments, run a session. Look at the composite time, the best time of each segment totaled. This should be your goal for that event. Compare laps what did you do on each best segment try to duplicate that. When you can run laps as fast as your composite update the car.

Nitto NT01 is a good place to start with maxed out chamber, and repeat the above process. After that buy coil overs WITH chamber plates, and max out you chamber. I ran -2.5 front and -2 rear. Your goal after each modification is to go back to the composite time and when you can run laps as fast as that time then you've probably maxed out the mod. What you will find is that you are going faster than all but the fastest unmodified cars.

Your next budget will hurt. GT3 arms and shims, adjustable drop links, adjustable tow links and slick tires. Currently running -2.5 to 3 front and -2.5 rear. Straight toe front and -.05 front Lowered to 3.75" front and 4' rear either 225 40 18 or 235 40 18 front and 265 35 18 or 275 35 18 rear. Preferred slick Hankook Z214 alternate BFGoodrich RS1. Preferred non-slick Nitto Nt01, next General FZ201.
* 3.6L LN block, 06 heads, Carrillo H rods, IDP with 987 intake, Oil mods, LN IMS. * Spec II Clutch, 3.2L S Spec P-P FW. * D2 shocks, GT3 arms & and links, Spacers front and rear * Weight reduced, No carpet, AC deleted, Remote PS pump, PS pump deleted. Recaro Pole position seats, Brey crouse ext. 5 point harness, NHP sport exhaust
jsceash is offline   Reply With Quote