View Single Post
Old 09-16-2006, 04:02 PM   #6
RacebyDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzi
Assuming the kit meets your objectives, I can tell you a few things without a poll :

1. At $500 everybody will want one.

2. At $5,000 a few people will want one.

3. At $10,000 nobody will want one.
If you can find me one buyer for a million dollars I will sell 20 more for a dollar per kit.

Thank you for the input. I had the same thing in mind.

It seems there are two kits on the market currently. One utilizing a MP62 Eaton Supercharger (non intercooled), which is pretty small for even a 2.5 4-valve engine. Tuning on this is done via a Split-Second piggyback.

The other uses a Procharger C-1 (non-intercooled) with a reflashed ECU via GIAC software. No doubt its the better choice for upper rpm power.

A properly sized turbo should match the C-1 at the top end and destroy it in the midrange. I cant talk too bad about these units, Procharger's internal oil sump is a great design. I just with they didnt generate so much belt/blower squeal at idle. A great match for my business partner's 1988 5.0 track car...but it's quite embarrassing when showing up at the golf course in a Porsche.

An Eaton, while a great drivable setup, couldnt touch a similar turbo system. With an intercooler in the mix, the intake charge will be lower than the C-1 and MUCH lower than the MP62. I dont hate positive displacement blowers, my business partner's Focus SVT is pushing over 200 very streetable whp with a Jackson Racing MP62.

The thing that is most appealing for the Porsche crowd is that a good exhaust system will cost you a small fortune. When your done with the headers, cats, pipes, and tips you could have bought a full turbo system for another $500-1k.

Please keep up the great feedback. It's invaluable to us.

Blake
Race By Design
www.myspace.com/racebydesign
RacebyDesign is offline   Reply With Quote