Thread: GT3 LCA Build
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 01:23 PM   #5
P_Carfahrer
Pathological Tinkerer

A more custom or radical LCA design for the build was something I was not prepared to do from a time and testing perspective. Maybe after successfully building these a tube syle could be possible.

For this reason the inner/outer are modeled directly from the stock GT3 LCA dimensions to leverage Porsche factory engineering with the only difference being a larger 14mm spherical bearing in both ends. Fasteners will be 12.9 grade. 4340 spacers will be hardened.

From a cost view I am designer, machinist for the simpler parts (thrust bushing/monoball spacers), and assembler. Both my next door neighbor and my best friend's brother both own local machining shops where we will build the inners/outers for a few cases of beer and pizza.

I will also model different thickness spacers when I get my hands on a stock one to get the profile dimensions. Do any of you have knowledge of what the most useful thicknesses would be?

Jay, to incorporate a Litronic sensor, wouldn't one just need to get the a Litronic spacer?
P_Carfahrer is offline   Reply With Quote