View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 09:46 AM   #1
Marty97

Front Trunk Locked - battery dead, security locked????

Hi folks,

My trunk is locked due to dead battery and flooded security system (long story). I'm trying to charge battery thru cig lighter socket but doesn't look like the battery is taking any charge.

If I'm not able to get power to the battery, does anyone know a way to unlock the trunk handles on the drivers side or other easier way to get the front trunk open?

The long story.. I moved to Cozumel MX and brought my boxster with me which was doing great for a year and half until I drove through a flash flood and wet a great deal of electrical parts. It sat outside for a couple of days during the monsoon - second night the alarm went off at 1am, emergency lights blinking.. alarm would not turn off and would not unlock the levers on the side to get to the trunk. I got in the car using the car key but car was locked down. Turned air, radio, lights on to kill battery - was the only way to shut it down. Trying to drop some power into the battery to try and click the alarm off but if that doesn't work, i'll need to get into the trunk some other way.

Appreciate any help on this!

Nearest Porsche dealership is in Cancun and need to be able to get it on/off the ferry to get it there
Marty97 is offline   Reply With Quote