View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 01:15 PM   #6
CDNIcecube

Hi all.

Resurrecting an old post but I wanted to share my solution with the group, if it helps. My 99 base Boxster recently started beeping twice exactly 10 seconds after I would lock it and only when the roof was closed (but no beeps when roof opened). Prior to the symptom appearing, the center roof clip, where the center cabin light is and where the handle ‘locks’ down the roof securely, had unfasten after the roof accidently closed with the handle in the locked position (what it did is pushed on the center plastic clip, and the two screws that hold it up to the windshield frame, behind the alien eyes, broke off (they were already loose). I replaced the screws and reinstalled the clip and reconnected all 3 molex- type wire connectors. This is when the symptom- 2 beeps, started.

My Autel 802 gave me the error code 34 in “alarm” submenu; it was telling me that the “passenger sensing” unit was defective. No idea what this sensing gizmo was but I remember reading about the micro-switches and that symptom being connected. So took the center clip off and inspected the micro switches but they were fine. After a few minutes inspecting the 3 sets of molex connectors, I noticed that one of the 4 wires was not seated properly in the molex-type “connector” that connects to the box identified in German as “ sensor für innenraumüberwachung”. I pushed it in back, wired everything up and all is fine now.

I guess that wires shrink with age, dry up and get loose. This video shows the center clip and the sensor I was referring too. This is not my video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UIQuDmgMzAo

Cheers!
CDNIcecube is offline   Reply With Quote