Thread: Bmw Z2
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2006, 09:02 AM   #17
super66

Kronix, I get the impression you hate BMW....lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBoxster
Hi,

Sorry but I have to disagree. Look at all the members who have stated that they looked at several other 2-seat drop tops before settling on the Boxster (such as the Z3, Z4, Miata, SL, etc.). And, we've only heard from those who actually settled on the Boxster, we don't know how many may have gone the other way. The number of buyers is limited, increase supply and the price will drop...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MN,

your point is taken but I still have to disagree. Most members that are considering the other vehicles are looking at used boxsters which would definitely make a new convertible at 30 K an option versus a used convertible at 30K. Porsche has marketing people and they know who they target as do all the car companies. I read the article on the Z2 and BMW stated this car is to compete at the entry level with the Miata, Solstice and such forth, never mentioned the boxster. When I considered the boxster, I looked at 2 other cars, the Z4 sitting 20 feet away and SLK sitting 40 feet away....btw there was a honda dealer 10 feet away and never once did the S2000 cross my mind. I'm not their target market. So Porshe know there are people sadly like me who will pay a premium to have a car that just isn't as common, that gives me a great feeling to drive, that in a way symbolizes accomplishment. Yes it very mateialistic but any one who owns a boxster could have bought a VW Bug vert but would you feel the same. That's their market. If you have the roughly 45K you need to get into the base, but decided on a more practical solution, well I really don't think Porsche is interested in marketing practicality....but that's just my .02
super66 is offline   Reply With Quote