View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 01:45 PM   #46
MWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by particlewave View Post
If it were me, my next step would be to pull the cluster and power it up on the bench to rule the car out. Next, disassemble cluster and check continuity on the pins (looking for a broken solder joint). If all was good there, I'd move on to the onboard power supply.
This is the best advice yet...up to this point I think we were all trying to give assistance based on what you said your electronics skills are and trying to find a simple fix; before you proceed, please do an honest assessment of your comfort and skills. Checking for simple continuity isn't going to harm anything, but if you find something amiss, do you feel comfortable opening the cluster and checking the board? Or if you were to open the cluster and find a burnt spot on the board, are you prepared to repair or swap the board?

Apologies for sounding gloomy, and I'm all for DIY, but as someone who has opened up many things just to find that it's something I can't repair (and perhaps made things worse, lol) I just wanted to caution you as to where this may lead. Should you go this route, I think there's a pretty good DIY on here regarding how to disassemble the cluster.

Best wishes.
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote