View Single Post
Old 08-15-2018, 05:18 AM   #2
husker boxster

Price depends substantially on condition for older Boxsters. Sounds like you've done a lot of work, so you should get more than the 'average' 99. Have you used some of the pricing guides (NADA, KBB, etc) to see what an ave one prices out for?

I'm a Wheeler Dealer and buy / sell Porsches for a hobby. When setting a price, I generally use NADA and go with half way between Clean Trade and Full Retail. I will adjust up or down depending on condition and maintenance. Here are my observations / questions / suggestions:

1. You say it has a dual row IMS. Yes it does, but have you changed it? You don't say so I'd assume you haven't. If you haven't, don't mention the IMS in the ad and tell customers when talking to them that it's a dual row and has a low chance of failure. But if it hasn't been changed, you'll have to discount the price to accommodate the seller having to spend for it. Don't try to fool the customer.
2. You might want to list the cost of the maintenance that's been done and state you have the receipts to prove it.
3. A tiptronic will be a bit harder to sell than a manual, so you may have to discount the price a tad for it.
4. Don't think I'd mention that you've only owned it 1 mo. That could be a red flag to someone. Boxsters are impulse buys and don't always fit your needs after buying them, but 1 mo ownership is a bit low unless you bought it to fix up and sell. The dog story might be true, but I see 2 other cars in the driveway that would hold 2 dogs.
5. Speaking of pics, take it to an EMPTY parking lot and take pictures of it there on a SUNNY day. Too much clutter in the garage and not good light. You want the car to be the focus of the pic. The selection of pics you've taken are good, just duplicate them in a better location.
6. It looks like the front bumper cover has been repainted. Not a cardinal sin on an older car, but if it's not a quality match, you'll have to discount the price a tad.

Hope this helps and good luck with your sale.
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)

Last edited by husker boxster; 08-15-2018 at 05:25 AM.
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote