View Single Post
Old 09-14-2006, 01:37 PM   #12
chiefsalami

Amen to that. Again, don't pay them any more money. They should do the job right based on what you have paid them already. Of course, our idea of "a job done right" versus theirs will always be a big difference, I think.

IMO, I would not use the deck's amp and/or rewire the car unless you are going to upgrade your amplifiers and speakers. You might actually end up with worse sound quality.

But the ground loop isolator will definitely cut down on the alternator whine - so definitely do that, or revisit the installation job to make sure it's done right - because you shouldn't need the isolator anyway. As a side note, I have a full computer (running Windows XP) in my car with a touchscreen motorized VGA monitor in the dash and an aftermarket headunit for the radio and DVD player. I did the install right, and have no engine noise coming through my speakers. And I'd be more likely to, because a computer generates more electrical noise than any headunit by itself. But the installation was done right (I did it myself).
chiefsalami is offline   Reply With Quote