View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 03:33 PM   #4431
Oldcarguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald Eagle View Post
Just saw your post about Rennline pedals and I've been thinking about getting them because I've been frustrated trying to bend my foot, leg, ankle, and butt to heel and tow. Are the pedals a pain to install (in my hands a screwdriver is a blunt instrument).

Larry (The Bald Eagle)
Hi Larry, +1 on everything Burg Boxster said. In addition, my brake pedal wasn’t totally flat, it had a high spot top to bottom down the center. I applied a strip of 3m VHB automotive tape on each side of center then made sure to alternate tighting the self locking nuts. This way I was able to ensure the pedal was level and tight.

The pedals look great but the true benefit is how easy it is to now heel and toe. Night and day difference from stock. My downshifts almost sound as good as my wife’s s5 DCS gearbox Also the Rennline are not as slick as my OEMs, my foot stays were I put it.

I’ve installed a few sets of these across the years, so I had prior experience. Take your time and ensure the alignment is the way you want it. Test fit and mark the mounting holes for drilling with a silver paint pen or marks-a-lot, then test fit again. Be sure the screw has enough clearance side to side on the rear of the pedal so you can correctly install the locking nut. The Rennline brake and clutch pedals are a little larger that the bare pad plates, so try to keep both sides with the same overlap. Some people like to brace the pedals from behind to keep them from depressing during the drilling.

That’s about all I can think of. All of these installs go a little differently, even on the same model car
#317 550 Spyder Anniversary Edition 2004 Boxster S, 3.8L Flat Six Innovations engine, PSS9s, etc, etc . . .
The contents of my posts are for entertainment only. As confirmed by my many motor sports fails, I am not qualified to give product endorsements or mechanical advice
Oldcarguy is offline   Reply With Quote