View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 11:24 AM   #4428
Burg Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bald Eagle View Post
Just saw your post about Rennline pedals and I've been thinking about getting them because I've been frustrated trying to bend my foot, leg, ankle, and butt to heel and tow. Are the pedals a pain to install (in my hands a screwdriver is a blunt instrument).

Larry (The Bald Eagle)
Haven't done the Rennline set, but did a few others which I'm sure are similar......

#1 Tip - START w/ the Brake pedal. Seems counterintuitive as it's the hardest - but it has the most obstructions on back you need to compensate for - plus it's hardened steel. However, b/c of this, you want to make it your 'set the level' pedal and then the other pedals will easily align off of. FYI - he other pedals are all plastic, drill out very easily and have very few backside obstructions.

#2 When drilling the brake pedal, use a center punch to prevent any 'bit wander'. Can use for others too but not 100% necessary as it is on brake.

#3 And speaking of bits... have a couple extra on hand as the brake pedal likely will require more than one (again, it's hardened and you'll get impatient push harder on the drill and promptly snap a bit... or three - so my friend says from experience )

#3 Apply Loctite blue on the thread hardware when fastening if none pre-applied. Unlikely but doubt you want them coming loose while driving

Easy DIY, just be patient lining up and drilling the brake pedal - then the other 3 will go on in a snap.

Good luck