View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 07:51 AM   #156
titaniumdave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78F350 View Post
Dave, do you have a final product yet? I'm looking at the end of August for a good block of time to get my project going again. I'm pretty sure I'd rather use your cradle than the current chunk of iron I bought.
At this time I have the V8 only cradle proofed well enough I can make a copy for you. I have not had time to work on the universal V6/V8 cradle...too many projects and spinning my Elise into the wall last spring did not free up any time. I went with thinning the flywheel, dropping a couple of LB. off it and using a longer spacer to get my clutch spacing correct. I will have that bolted up this weekend which means the motor/transmission/mounts set is done for the race car! I am going to cut the stock exhaust headers' flanges off and weld V band flanges on them so that part will be done when the motor gets put in the car, hopefully the motor won't need to come back out till we blow it us! Plan is to run the exhaust outward and high to keep the run away from the clutch slave cylinder.
titaniumdave is offline   Reply With Quote