View Single Post
Old 09-13-2006, 07:06 AM   #2
boggtown

Dude, the tweeters are built in to some of those mb quarts, they could be built into all of them but I didnt look but at the first one, lol. Those are super cheap though, I cant comment on the quality because ive never had them, but I paid like $200 for some JL mids and highs and those sounded feakin awesome. But I had the $84 tweeters your talking about, (i got the VR set) and they were tight, make sure to get some bass blockers just in case so you dont blow them. Dont get the focals, stick with name brand. But in all honesty, better speakers will help, but unless you have an aftermarket headunit and amp they will be underpowered and still be kinda sucky. I only changed out the speakers in my BMW with the JL system because I blew my speakers. If your gonna do it, do it right, find a good 4 channel amp (one channel per mid, run the tweeters off the aftermarket radio because you dont want to blow your skull up with high pitched squeeling), get a quality aftermarket radio, get quality speakers that are within range of your amp. In other words, dont buy a 400 watt amp just to go get 50 watt speakers, or vice versa and waste your money on uber speakers with no amp. I am just waiting to sell my system then I will have money for speakers and stuff, lol. So if you know anyone that wants subs and an amp, send them to me.