View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 10:50 PM   #8
porscheboxster987

Well, it looks like now my Boxster's top operation is becoming increasingly worse. Now, the top only goes up 85% of the way, and I can no longer latch the canvas top to the switch in the cabin since the canvas top can't reach out far enough anymore. Additionally, when putting the top up, there is a creaking sound accompanying the operation. Right before this creaking and the top only going up 85% of the way issue started, I heard 3 sharp snaps of what sounded like perhaps the pushrods breaking during operation of putting the top up, but I checked the pushrods and both the passenger and driver side pushrods appear fine and operate like how they're suppose to. The clamshell also sporadically "jumped down" a couple percent during operation of putting the top up. In other words, the clamshell didn't have a smooth operation; it had a jumpy operation. HOWEVER, both the 'snapping' noise and the jumpy clamshell no longer accompany the top operation (those issues only occurred once) but the creaking noise remains, and the top still can't go out far enough to be latched. I'm not so sure if it is an issue of the canvas top being off track anymore.

Last edited by porscheboxster987; 07-09-2018 at 11:04 PM.
porscheboxster987 is offline   Reply With Quote