View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 06:29 PM   #9
Grizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfectlap
to be honest I've never really had an interest(in possibly owning) Muscle cars.

Low tech power assited-nothing,no r&p steering, carbeurated evil on big huge rear tires.

I felt bored driving home in my uber refined BoxsterS afterwards, never thought that would happen as consequence of driving a 'Made in the USA'.

I had one of my musclecars out yesterday. They're great fun but they don't make me bored of the Boxster. They have very different purposes. You have to view them each for what they are and understand that it's not an either/or proposition. A musclecar is a loud, obnoxious, attention grabbing pig. My Mach 1 has waaay too much horsepower (most of which is wasted because of traction limitations), gets about 11 miles to the gallon, and sounds like an earthquake...But, if you're looking to draw a crowd, get horn honks, thumbs ups, and scare the kids in their stupid fart cars, there's nothing like it. The nice thing about having a later musclecar is that there is air conditioning, power steering, power disc brakes, etc. There was no rack and pinion in '72, but they are reasonably precise if the box is tight. The drawbacks are that they don't go around corners, you're not having an intimate conversation in one (at least not mine), your date is not going to enjoy smelling like spent fossil fuel all night and they're tempermental as hell.

The Boxster, on the other hand, is docile and civilized. It's as comfortable at the yacht club as it is at the autocross. It is exclusive, but still pedestrian enough that you can arrive in relative anonymity. It is quiet enough to enjoy your George Winston CDs, romantic on a starry night, and comfortable enough to drive to work everyday.

If you have the storage space, I strongly recommend one of each!
...no catastrophic engine failure ...yet

Last edited by Grizzly; 09-21-2006 at 06:02 PM.
Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote