View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 08:05 AM   #1
eng208

Hello from North Ga

Hello. I am a new forum member looking to get into a Porsche in the next year. I have wanted one for about 20 years and never been able to buy into one. The closest I have gotten so far has been a couple of Matchbox and Hot Wheels 911s. I even started to buy a 944 once but backed out due to the age and it really wasn't what I was looking for. I want the classic 911, but realistically, I think a Boxster or Cayman would suit me better. I do all of my own mechanical work and have since I was about 9yrs old. I am 46 now. I have a background in electronics, computers, all things mechanical, and work as a Nurse in the only Trauma center in North Ga. I am hoping this forum, along with reading other information, will get me up to speed on the years that will suit me best so I can go into purchasing a good Porsche unit and not make big mistakes in new ownership.
Also, I moved into the mecca for driving in N Ga, after 22 years of making it a goal. So, some may say it takes me a little while to act on my goals, but at least I am making some of them now after cutting loose a big anchor attached for the last 21 years.
eng208 is offline   Reply With Quote