View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 09:07 AM   #1
garv214

Would you or Wouldn't you....

I saw an ad on CL in the SF Bay Area for a 2000 Boxster S (Lapis Blue, Blue Top, Tan interior). The IMS and clutch had been replaced at 110K, the car had 114K on it. Top and plastic window appeared to be in good shape, body was nice, interior was nice (at least in the pics). Also, it had just passed smog. The seller had about 9 pics of the car with a pic of the LN Engineering label for the IMS bearing and a pic of the smog certificate which had the correct vehicle license plate showing. All for the princely sum of $5600.

I saw the ad 2 hours after it posted, but I think I may have been about 1 hour and 58 minutes too late on it. The ad came down about 6 hours later. I took a screen grab:

I had a bunch of red flags in my mind when I saw the price, but as I read the ad, it seemed like a legitimate ad... Even at that price, I would have wanted a PPI, so I guess I would have never actually gotten the car because I know there are some out there that would jump on it quicker than a 12 year old on a bag of halloween candy... But I will always wonder... "What if..."

Opinions, if it were your money... Would you take the risk and buy the car without a PPI or would you insist on a PPI and risk losing the purchase?
garv214 is offline   Reply With Quote