View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 07:06 PM   #14
dmootzler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug427 View Post
It's not just maintenance. The truth is, and some just don't want to hear it, is that Porsche dropped the ball when they engineered the engine in this car, and then washed their hands of responsibility for the issues when they started popping up with disturbing regularity.

As for the IMS bearing, if it lasts for 80K miles as you mentioned, it'll likely be OK, but there are no guarantees whatsoever. You just never know. When your engine goes "bang", you'll know it went. As for the cracked heads, which is my current situation, there;s no warning at all, and it's far too common to be acceptable. AOS will usually give some warning in the form of a huge mosquito control style cloud behind you. Water pump will usually start leaking.

I'd buy another Miata without hesitation. I absolutely LOVE driving my Boxster S. That said, I will never buy another Porsche product. Lesson learned. It's my first, and it'll be my last. I know that'll piss off some of the loyalists on here, but it is what it is.
Fair enough. I suppose when the Porsche forum unanimously tells you not to buy a Porsche, you should listen.

So then, any thoughts on recent-ish stock Miata vs Turbo or SC NA/NB Miata vs early S2000?
dmootzler is offline   Reply With Quote