View Single Post
Old 06-21-2018, 06:16 PM   #12
10/10ths
"50 Years of 550 Spyder"

Here's my experience....

...I bought a brand new Miata in 1993.

I put 357,859 miles on her.

My 1993 Miata was my ONLY car for 15 years.

I added a Flyin' Miata FMIII turbo'd 1990 to the 1993 NA Miata.

I put 276,894 miles on THAT aftermarket turbo 1990 Miata.

She was running 12 pounds of boost with a stand alone, "Link" Fuel Injection computer.

I drove that aftermarket turbo Miata from Louisiana to Maine, up Mt.Washington in New Hampshire, down to Key West, out to the Grand Canyon, across every mountain pass in Colorado about fifty times, and she NEVER let me down.

Buy that turbo Miata in the link above and you will own a dead, solid reliable, fun as hell car.

Now, I'm getting old. My wife is.....well she could use more cushion, so I just sold both Miatas in 2015 and bought this 2004 Boxster S "50 Years of 550 Spyder Edition" machine.

I bought the car with 25,000 miles on her, I immediately shipped her to Flat 6 Innovations and had their "IMS Solution" and every other failure prone part replaced.

We have driven this Boxster to the Grand Canyon, Tail of the Dragon, Savannah, Georgia, Charleston, All over Colorado, New Mexico, Arkansas, Texas, without a hiccup.

I can speak from first hand, real world, life experience--the Miata is THE most fun you can have driving a car on the street.

The Boxster is just that little bit more comfy/cushy for long distance, "GT" style travel.

If you want more speed than a stock Miata, one of the Flyin' Miata turbo cars, or a Mazdaspeed Miata, or one of the Flyin' Miata LS engined Miatas would be extremely hard to beat if you just want to have all kinds of crazy driving fun, and not break the bank, or be stuck on the side of the road.

Good Luck.

550 SE #310---"It's more fun to drive a slow car fast, than a fast car slow."
10/10ths is offline   Reply With Quote