View Single Post
Old 06-20-2018, 12:15 PM   #10
garv214

Yeah, I am hoping this car has the double row bearing. That would alleviate some of my maintenance burden/worry in the near term. Of course the PPI may cause me to "run like heck too..." I am only estimating stuff that can commonly go wrong, I didn't even factor in the coolant overflow, MAF, O2 sensors and the like...

@Quadcammer - yep there are a lot of 986s out there that are done or can be had "all in" for less. I looked at a 2002 that was owned by a Porsche independent shop, it had everything done and the asking price was $8,8750 (110K miles Silver/Black Tiptronic). But on the test drive, the car released a huge (and I mean huge) plume of white smoke after I accelerated hard after 10 minutes of easy driving. I seriously thought I had blown a head gasket for a second or so, but the smoke screen only lasted for a couple of seconds and then the car exhibited no further bad behavior (ran fine, no codes, eng temp normal) for the next 10 minutes of my drive. I guess I should accept it as a little "preview" of what owning a 15+ year old German sports car may entail....LOL

I really like the 2010 Boxster, but it may be too much car for what I am looking to do...

Here is a link to the 2010:
https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourc eContext=forSaleTab_false_0&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c22059&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c22059&zip=94070&distance=50&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=true&filtersModified=true&sortType=undefined&sortDirection=undefined#listing=190779183
garv214 is offline   Reply With Quote