View Single Post
Old 06-14-2018, 10:48 AM   #19
RLHornbeck

Cunningr, Brian, hpfiend and PaulE,

Cunningr, I would go that way in a heartbeat if the engines where not just stock replacements. I really want more hp, and just to sell the car not sure it is worth dumping that much into it.

Brain, I currently own a 911 and have owned a Corvette. Hpfiend is correct in that I love the handling and feel of the Boxster. Most people once the swap is complete don’t have ongoing problems that I have found (save axle issues if transmission is moved to far back).

Hpfiend, adding a different Porsche engine is possible and probably the easiest to install but still would not give me the HP the Audi or LS would. They would also be very expensive as 911 engines start in the 8-10K range for high mileage examples. Then need the standard upgrades; spin on filter, IMS solution, AOS, RMS, and so on.

PaulE, I have read through that and many other ls swaps into Porsche’s. To me this looks like fun but I would hope to be on the budget side. Using a lesser engine from a donor car and fabricating all my own installation mounts and hardware (save the engine to transmission adaptor). With this said I think it could be done around 15k for the LS and a lot less $ but much more RND for the Audi.
RLHornbeck is offline   Reply With Quote