View Single Post
Old 06-07-2018, 11:27 PM   #32
Nevergrowup

Had to test if there is enough room back there. And there is!

- Why does he have a kid's bike on there?

Well, at 47 one should think that bike belonged to either his kid, or even grand-kid. But no, it's mine. As many did I grew up in the 80's and rode a bmx, but stoppet when I got older. In '98, when my first son was born, I had seen bmx freestyle videos for years, and discovered that they were available in Oslo (some 100 km from where I lived). So, I treated myself to a Hoffman George.

I rode that for some time, together with kids (actual kids) half my age, got a job at Norway's biggest bike distributor, built new bikes, and rode them for the next decade. I was never any good, though, but was great fun.

Then, a divorce later, I found a new life in another city, and pretty much stopped riding my little bike, and it was scavenged for parts for a dirt jumper (26") and my now teenage son's bikes.

But lately, I've been itching to get back on a fun little bike again. And last year, when Haro announced that they would make a Dave Mirra tribute bike, with a mid-school look and new school tech, I began to drool. This spring a Norwegian web site had two of these at a quite good discount, and my brain started spinning again, and then - f*k it! I want it!

I had the SeaSucker Talon bike rack in the garage, having not used it since had had my freeride bike atop my SC a few years ago, and I thought - it might fit back there. And it did - barely!

I better disable the spoiler, or have to keep it under 110 km/h!
Nevergrowup is offline   Reply With Quote