View Single Post
Old 05-29-2018, 04:46 AM   #12
steved0x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ986S View Post
Hey Steve, thanks for the offer. Yes, it looks like the 4.25 in Canton billet filter runs 15 GPM (3 more) than the 3.4 in one. Since I have a remote filter setup, I do have some extra depth for that 4.25 in filter, so I would be curious to see if it helps with hot pressure. My remote oil filter is 13/16-16 thread. Hope that is what you have. PM me.

I could test it and report any benefits, but I'll have to run it pretty hot on the street for a real comparison since my track season has come to a close...
Yes 13/16-16 thread I'll dig it out this evening and change the element, PM me your address and I'll send it to you.

Another option, if you have room, and your remote oil filter adapter has a larger base, is a Wix racing synthetic element with a 13/16-16 thread, from here:

WIX Filters - Racing Catalog

For example the 51060R or 51069R - I have seen some spec boxster guys run this filter on a remote mount in the trunk along with an accusump. I actually bought a 51069R one time from Amazon, not realizing how big around it was - so I ended up giving it to a spec boxster guy at Sebring. These have a 28 GPM max flow and a 61 micron rating (which now that I think about it might be too big and is why these are for racing only...)
steved0x is offline   Reply With Quote