View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 04:11 AM   #9
BusterB
BusterBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghii View Post
No. These tops are not easy to come by and shipping can kill it even when you do find a deal.

I've replaced top and frame a couple of times on different Boxsters I've owned. The procedure is well documented and straight forward.

I've also replaced the original top on my 2000S with an ebay glass window to from Auto tops Direct. I took my time and it came out great. Again, lots of great instructions available online. You need a Phillips head screw drivers, double sided tape and (maybe) some 3M adhesive. I don't know how one could put the top on and have it come out 'bad' if they'll follow directions. I took a day (4 hours) to take my old top off and a day (~6 hours) to put the new one on. I know I could do it much faster if I did another, maybe half the time.

BTW: I love the glass window top and have no issues with visibility or access to my engine for routine maintenance.
Thanks, that sounds like a realistic time frame. I have seen posts where folks can get it done in a day but I was thinking it might be a weekend project if I had everything I needed ready to go and I just took my time and tried to do it right. Having never tackled it before and figuring in a couple of beers, I'm thinking doing it myself would give a cool sense of accomplishment.
BusterB is offline   Reply With Quote