View Single Post
Old 05-10-2018, 06:06 PM   #1
combray

buying and importing Boxster from Canada???

After a lot of research I've decided to purchase a used Boxster primarily for weekend driving in the beautiful hills of southeast Ohio. I'm leaning toward a 1997 to 1999 model. This will be the first Porsche I've ever owned.

I found a 1997 for sale in Canada (I'm in Ohio). This Boxster is two owner with 25,000 miles and was originally purchased by owner number one in Texas. The second owner has had the car for 6 years and it is now located in Canada.

We've come to an agreement on price: $12,000. The car has the original engine and zero rust and has been stored in a heated garage during its time in Canada. The seller is willing to meet me in Buffalo so I can look the car over in person before coming to a final agreement.

The logistics of importing the car back to the U.S. concerns me. I've not bought or sold many cars and never purchased a car even out of state. All my previous car purchases have been from dealerships. Step one, I plan to call my local bureau of motor vehicles tomorrow.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially related to importing a car from Canada.
Thank you in advance!
combray is offline   Reply With Quote