View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 12:55 PM   #11
Dr. Kill

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdpt73
i still have my porsche b/c it's paid off (otherwise i'd trade it in for a toyota x-runner), i think most boxster owners will acknoledge that there are many gremlins such as rms, left window motor, weak oil separator, steering wheel horns that go on by themselves after seal is worn, etc. all these problems in addition to high maintenance costs would steer any practical person away from a porsche. I don't even want to get into 911s which have similar problems for a 80,000+ car. the only things porsche can say they did well on the box was the steering feel, quality wasn't even there until 2005. plus most of us are happy to say we own a porsche. but if you talk to anyone who knows cars or sells cars they will tell you a boxster is a nice car but it's an entry level porsche. with entry level power. the z4 m coupe is a bada55 car.
I hear what you are saying, but a couple of points:

If the Boxster is an entry level Porsche with entry level power, then the same thing could be said for the Z4’s relationship to the BMW line. I think the original post was a Box vs a regular Z4, not the Z4M.

I don’t agree with you that some problems with older cars plus high maintenance costs “would steer any practical person away from owning a Porsche.” I consider myself to be a very practical person who is living well below their means. I understand that my car will likely wind up costing quit a bit more than say, my wife’s Toyota, but to me, the driving experience is well worth the extra price. Your earlier post about being “beaten” by a Honda and a Chevy would lead me to believe that your definition of driving experience is more along the lines of drag racing. If that is the case then I agree, the Boxster is not for you. I have driven a lot of cars, and to me, nothing has been more pleasurable for a daily driver than my base 987. To each his own I guess.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s..._kill/Siga.jpg
Dr. Kill is offline   Reply With Quote