View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 11:03 AM   #30
ohioboxster

I pretty much finished up today, just need to put the plastic shielding back on. When I first started up the car it idled kind of rough but then smoothed out. I had a vacuum leak but I think I took care of that, will know later. Going to the store to get some starting fluid to make sure leak is gone. The rpms would hang around 3k for a few seconds after I would let the gas off, really frustrated me but figured out the cable wasnt on properly. I fixed the throtle and took it for a few short drives. It has more power down low and has a cool little whine. Its not nearly as loud as IA's supercharger but still cool. I was afaraid to get on it until Im sure fuel isnt a problem. Check out pics and I have a cell phone video I will try to link to. All and all it went pretty smooth, Im happy with it. I've been reading other threads and people just cant figure out why you would want to Supercharge a Boxster so Im going to tell you. I have under 2500 bucks in this set up. It was either Wheels or Blower, for me that was a no brainer. No, Im not trying to build a Viper killer by any means. I did it for the cost and challenge, I won this round. To wrap it up the car seems to be running great, no detonation and its really cool when the blow off valve is functioning. Pssssssh psssssh, Cool. I hope to share the video even though its a crappy one because I was driving but if someone can put them up somehow I will email them to ya. Thanks for following along! Three days, not bad huh?!

This is where I tap into fuel supply.

Duct work under car.

Cut the J-tube ran to duct work.

Had to plug the hole in the manifold, this is where the J-tube was located.

Fuel line hooked up.