View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 12:04 PM   #5
mikefocke

The '99 is the best of the 2.5L engines. Had one.

As to buying and recognizing that where the car is you may have limited options, a general "foreign" car mechanic won't have the Porsche specific experience that I recommend for the Pre-Purchase Inspection. At least have them drop the oil filter and examine it carefully. Then the obvious things like tire condition and age, brake pad and rotor thickness, oil or anti-freeze condition and any leaks ... A good mechanic will already have a PPI form they follow. Ask to see it before you engage them.

Are there any records of service available that would give you some history? If not consider looking in the service book and having the most comprehensive service (in the US it is the 90k service) done. I did and it set me up for 5 years of wonderful driving.

As to the price, all prices are local and seasonal. In the US, that would be high for a '99. I sold my '01S 3.2L for $12.5K US in 2012 with the about same mileage, records, new PS2 tires and needing nothing except a little rip in the rear window fixed.

Yellow rear windows can be polished out using a kit consisting of Novus 1, 2 and 3.

More on buying a Boxster.
mikefocke is offline   Reply With Quote