View Single Post
Old 04-20-2018, 10:01 AM   #2
husker boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxfix View Post
Is it me? Or.....there are some strange people out there.
The latter.

Besides the people who think they can buy something worth $20 with the $12 they have in their pocket, these are the items that I always run into:

1. No concept of the English language.
They ask you in their first email or txt what your bottom $ is. OK, let's just cut to the chase. I always have a bottom $, so I'll respond with $X. Next email or txt - will you take $Y? (Where $Y is usually $X-2K). What part of BOTTOM don't you understand?

2. Scammers.
There are 2 scams currently in vogue. First one responds to your CL ad and says they're trying to contact you but having trouble. Please email their addr directly. Yeah, right. If you're having trouble with CL, just call the # in my ad. Second one is they ask if the car has a clean history. You answer back, then they answer back saying they don't trust CarFax and please buy a history report from the link they provide. Surrrrrre. Why should I buy a report for my car and give them the report? All they want is my CC info.

3. Odd trade offers.
Without fail I get offers for land or a motorcycle for trade. It seems KC is where I get most of my land offers. I could be a sizable slum lord by now with all the offers I've received.

4. Dealers wanting cars.
I get emails from dealers who are looking to build their inventory and will pay top $. Never fails all they'll offer is wholesale. When I had my 08 base Box a few yrs ago, I took it across town to a new Toyota dealership. They looked it over and low balled me. I told the lady who sent me the email that she wasted my time, gas, and put unneeded miles on my car to get that as their offer? She emailed me 2 wks later with the same request and again a cpl wks after that. Either she's stupid or thought maybe I'd changed my mind (except the text of the email was the same boilerplate).
2008 Boxster S Limited Edition #005
2008 Cayman S Sport - Signal Green
1989 928 S4 5 spd - black
1987 928 S4 - Granite Green Metallic (Felsengrun)
husker boxster is offline   Reply With Quote