Thread: 1998 Boxster
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 06:26 AM   #6
Burg Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by hfuglaar View Post
I am looking at a 1998 Boxster with 24k miles. It has a very complete car fax. It has had 3 owners, the second owner had it 17 years, and been driven about 1500 miles or so a year. I can see that the oil and filter have been changed every year, even with 1500 miles driven. It has been serviced at a either a Porsche dealer or a Foreign car independent dealer. The car appears to be in very good shape. Is this a car to consider? The dealer is asking 12k, the NADA and KBB say 10k. What should I look for?
Thanks!
Saw a 1997 in the prototype AS over Red at Barrett Jackson Palm Beach yesterday go for $9,680 (plus 10% buyer premium)...

https://azure.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/1997-PORSCHE-BOXSTER-217799

Use NADA & KBB as guides but don't be afraid to pay a couple $ more or less based on true condition. Off course get an inspection (1-2 hrs labor) by a Porsche knowledgable garage/mechanic to learn true condition and not be distracted by shiny metal. Inspection could be from a dealer or indy shop - then make an offer commiserate with what you learn.

Good luck