View Single Post
Old 04-15-2018, 01:00 PM   #1
slogans7

986 wouldn't start - then a fuse miracle!

My CDR220 has decided to not work. The cart won't budge and I can't figure out how to take it out of the front trunk where it's located. So I used a metal ruler, trying to slide it behind the cart to try to disengage it. No luck.

So I looked for the fuse that handles the damn thing, and tried a bunch that could have something to do with the CD player. All looked fine.

Then I went to start the car. Nothing. No click click click. Lights and all other electric gear worked fine. Ran a trickle charger overnight. In the morning, nothing. Would not start.

So I thought maybe I goofed something up while looking at the fuses. I pulled each fuse, one by one, and checked each with a little fuse checking device. All were fine. But I noticed a weird little wire (circled) that ran into E8 was loose (no, I don't have a phone installed). I also pushed in a little orange thing (also circled) that I don't think is a fuse, but it was part-way out. It has a little drawing of the front deck open and a plus sign. No idea what it is for.

But I made sure all fuses were pushed in properly, then tried starting the car. What do I have to lose?

The car started perfectly. And I've started it a few more times, and everything works perfectly.

Any clue what the problem was and how I inadvertently fixed it (not that I really need to know - all's well that ends.)