View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 08:36 PM   #1023
AZ986S

Quote:
Originally Posted by thstone View Post
I replaced the brake pads/rotors in Feb with EBC Yellow pads and Cquence cross-drilled rotors and flushed the fluid with ATE Type 200. I've run this exact combination several times before and it has worked pretty well.

Then I raced at Buttonwillow and did the Friday practice at Las Vegas and by then the brakes were not inspiring the usual level of confidence. They didn't have nearly as much initial bite as I expected and overall felt a bit mushy.

When I pulled the front pads, they looked and smelled cooked. Maybe even over-baked. I wonder if the EBC Yellows are not quite up to the task of my braking level and style, so I bought a set of Pagid Orange and re-flushed the brake fluid just to make sure.

I have run this combo (Pagid Orange front and EBC Yellow rear) previously and it worked quite well so I am hoping to have confidence inspiring braking at AutoClub Speedway in two weeks. This track really puts brakes to the test.

I'll do a quick run up Hwy 2 tomorrow morning to bed the new pads and then the car should be ready to race!

I'm assuming you did the proper bed-in procedure yes? Maybe a higher boiling point fluid like Motul 600? I run the EBC yellows on all 4 and they give me quite the initial bite after being warmed up, but then again I don't compete in an SPB or BSR
2002 Boxster S - NHP 200 Cell Headers,test pipes,Borla CatBack,Competition Plenum,74 mm TB, EVOMS Tune,Tarett UDP,Eibach Swaybars,BIlstein PSS9s,TuneRS rear toe links,wheel studs,15 mm wheel spacers on all 4,EBC yellow stuff pads,Sebro rotors, EBS oil baffles,160 deg Thermostat,2 quart Accusump,full filtration remote oil filter,rad fan switch,custom gauge/switch plate, Race Capture data logging, 90K miles

Last edited by AZ986S; 04-13-2018 at 11:29 AM.
AZ986S is offline   Reply With Quote