View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 07:57 PM   #1022
thstone
Certified Boxster Addict

I replaced the brake pads/rotors in Feb with EBC Yellow pads and Cquence cross-drilled rotors and flushed the fluid with ATE Type 200. I've run this exact combination several times before and it has worked pretty well.

Then I raced at Buttonwillow and did the Friday practice at Las Vegas and by then the brakes were not inspiring the usual level of confidence. They didn't have nearly as much initial bite as I expected and overall felt a bit mushy.

When I pulled the front pads, they looked and smelled cooked. Maybe even over-baked. I wonder if the EBC Yellows are not quite up to the task of my braking level and style, so I bought a set of Pagid Orange and re-flushed the brake fluid just to make sure.

I have run this combo (Pagid Orange front and EBC Yellow rear) previously and it worked quite well so I am hoping to have confidence inspiring braking at AutoClub Speedway in two weeks. This track really puts brakes to the test.

I'll do a quick run up Hwy 2 tomorrow morning to bed the new pads and then the car should be ready to race!

1997 Spec Boxster BSR #254
1979 911 SC
POC Licensed DE/TT Instructor

Last edited by thstone; 04-12-2018 at 08:00 PM.
thstone is offline   Reply With Quote