View Single Post
Old 04-12-2018, 07:35 AM   #3
hockenheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron in Toronto View Post
Some are adjustable and some aren't. On my '97 I was able to adjust them by inserting a straight pin into the nozzle and swivel the jet around until it was aimed in the right spot.

This is a simple DIY task.

Aron
Resurrecting a super-old thread (I know) but I did search and for the small handful of relevant threads I found there weren't any applicable (to me) replies.

On my '98 the nozzles are adjustable and I am wondering what the "correct" spray pattern is. Presently it is uneven between the left and right nozzle. The spray from the right nozzle hits the very top of the windshield while the stream from the left falls just below the upper 1/3 of the windshield.

Since the nozzles can only be adjusted when the car is standing still but are typically engaged when the car is moving I assume there has to be some "compensation" for the effect of the oncoming air while driving.

My working hypothesis is that the stream is deflected downward somewhat while driving and that a "static" adjustment should compensate for that by aiming them slightly higher than the desired target location.

Am I overthinking this?