View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 06:13 PM   #1
obthomas

Extra Key solution not working

Finally decided that operating with one key has to end. Never know when my luck will run out and my only key will be lost. I ordered a new VW/Porsche key cut for my car without the RFID or keyless electronics. I should be here in a few days so I thought I would get a jump on the project and locate my good RFID in my ignition switch rubber trim piece. I took a small tie wrap and a short piece of heat shrink and slid the tie wrap and RFID into the heat shrink. I then shrinked the tube at both ends some distance from the RFID. I closed the tie wrap around the ignition trim and put it back on the ignition switch. Alas the car will not start I tried moving the RFID clockwise around the switch and nothing. I gave up and put the RFID back in my key and the car starts right up. IS THERE SOME MAGIC TO LOCATING THE RFID? I had the pill perpendicular to the key; does it need to be in the same orientation as when it is in the key? Does orientation matter? Was the heat shrink an insulator and a poor choice. Does anyone have this process figured out and can advise me? Thanks ahead of time.
obthomas is offline   Reply With Quote