Thread: Green goo
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2018, 09:25 AM   #1
CoBeerToad

Garage
Green goo

Last January I had to move and opted to trailer the 986 for the 130 mile trip. It was sub zero degrees Fahrenheit and I was on a time schedule. I reversed the car up the ramp, but ended up bottoming it out right in front of the rear wheels. Rolled it back down and there was a puddle of green goo where the passenger rear tire was on the ramp. 1st thought, I busted a coolant line. (Remember, it was below zero degrees in the middle of a move. My brain wasn't working right.)
I grab some 1/2" boards as that was all I had and tried to make it work, but kept bottoming out. Ended up giving up and returning the trailer and hired a professional. They were able to pick it up within a couple days and deliver it to me. I will always go that route from now on.

Anyway, now it is March. The only driving I've done is into my garage after my attempts of getting it on the trailer and driving it into my new garage after the car was delivered a few days later. No leaks and it didn't seem to drive any differently. I've been dying of curiosity as to what I smashed that made some gear oil spit out in front of the passenger rear tire and then never leak again. I figured everyone loves a good mystery.
CoBeerToad is offline   Reply With Quote