View Single Post
Old 03-27-2018, 04:54 PM   #7
dav9515

it is completely subjective and so many factors, color and maintenance history records seem to have the largest impact on prices. When i bought mine last year i looked for a long time and it appeared to me most people just go on Auto Trader/Cars.com/CL and see what the list prices are and copy those.

However, the people that are buying 986's now seem to know a lot more about the cars as great sports cars for very little money with the porsche brand name. The biggest factor on the value is maintenance to someone that really does their homework so if you have done the typical jobs it helps tremendously. From what you posted about oil changes only i bet there are a few things on your car in need of somewhat immediate attention.

I bought my 97 (silver/black) with 51k miles last year for $6,500 in CT, which tends to be a higher value market for cars. it was a good deal for me but the car even being well kept needed new tires (had some dry rot they were 10 years old), Oil leaking slightly from 2 oil tubes, and the water pump was seeping. Because i pointed these things out to the seller i was able to get a fair price on the car for condition and work that needed to be done. Don't be surprised even on your low mileage car if a prospective buyer takes the car in for PPI they find a lot that needs to be done.

Long response to say, it's hard to say without more details on the car LOL
dav9515 is offline   Reply With Quote