View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 08:07 AM   #20
oliverg

Ohio - yes you are right - detonation was one of the reasons one of the cars blew. Also, my lay person translation of what he told me may be a bit skewed by my sheer lack of understanding. He did tell me the TPC injectors that were OE were special ones though - I remember that distinctly because I thought "ah just like the IA one" He struck me as completely honest but .. I honestly would say that even though he assures me that the problems are fixed now, I wouldn't be buying that particular kit!!

Rennsport - I thought before I started researching that it would be about 12-15k $AUD for a 3.4 swap - when he asked for 30k I almost died! He started off by saying "well usually you'd pay 40k" and I think I had an accident involving a new set of underwear. Your friend got 180kw to the wheels? That's about right from what I know, although with the new 100RON fuel we have now (Optimax Extreme) something funky could probably be done with the DME to increases that further - do you know if your friend was using the 2.5's cats/headers/muffler? The engine this guy was selling had custom cats for a 3.4.

If we go ahead with importing the Turbowerx twin turbos, I can have the install done here for you in Melbourne and would be prepared to give you a substantial discount (ie cost price!!) to be a guinea pig!

It was my thought to start doing 3.4 drops for a fixed price, then taking the 2.5s and rebuilding them and fitting the twin turbo kits and selling them as a package. Got to do some return on investment figures and see if its worthwhile.

If I can help you in any way I'd be only too happy to oblige

As Jim says. "Happy Motoring"
oliverg is offline   Reply With Quote