View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 06:12 AM   #37
Troutman

Thought I would post an update on my wee project.
Everything is back in, I bought some new exhaust clamps as the old ones were bad.
Very straightforward apart from a persistent leak from the new thermostat, in the end i smeared some sealant on both sides of the new gasket and that fixed it.

The main difference I noticed was how light the new clutch is, I thought i hadn't bled it correctly but it's all good , just very light to press.
Engine goes really well, revs up so easily. Since changing the new front engine mount the whole car feels much more planted, one of the easiest things to do with the best gains is to change a worn out front mount.
Really pleased and now considering keeping it (i've had it 7yrs) as I wanted a 997 but after going for a quick blast in this yesterday I reckon I'll hold on to it, there is no way a 997 is £20k more fun than this.
Just started on the front brakes, I was getting some shudder at high speeds in Germany last year, so I'm going to replace discs and pads on the front. Then it should be good for a long road trip.
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote