Thread: dreaded airbag
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 11:39 AM   #1
lcsdoug

Garage
dreaded airbag

Well I got the Everstart Maxx H7 installed and vented just fine. Fits fine, works great. I was kind of hoping that would fix the airbag light problem but no it didn't.

I had previously ordered an icarsoft POR II scanner that was supposed to diagnose airbag faults on a 987. But no that was NOT a function available for the 987. So it went back to Amazon for a refund. I emailed Autel to see if they had a unit that would work. I got a response indicating the SP315 (MD808 pro) would work and they included the V1.00 function sheet for Porsche. Under the 987 it also did NOT include the airbag.

So it would appear that the Durametric is the best option. I like the idea of having some idea of what's wrong even if I take it to a service shop anyway. I still think I can do some repairs myself, especially if i have some diagnostic help. Is the general consensus that this is wise investment? I plan on keeping this car for a long time. Ok, at my age long is a relative term but you get the idea.