View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 05:50 PM   #12
Boxstard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC-986 View Post
Years ago I worked in a GM service lane and saw quite a few vehicles come in where the Dex-Cool gelled up and created all kind of cooling system issues. Simply anecdotal evidence but unless they've re-formulated the product that would be the last coolant I would consider.
This is because Dexcool (aka Deathcool) was originally introduced without proper validation with all components for compatibility, killing elastomeric seals, gaskets, etc.

With above said, it works fine when the entire system is properly designed and validated for. Actually I use it exclusively with my 03 SAAB and no compatibility issues for 175K mikes and counting.

With my 986, I’m sticking with original Porsche coolant. Pricey but I did complete drain and refill shortly after my purchase 12K miles ago and I do not plan on changing it for at least 5 years so no big deal.
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote