View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 03:39 AM   #20
Cunningr

Quote:
Originally Posted by roboxster View Post
Great thread!

Nice to see that others than me are trying to get good audio in the Boxster!
I am currently installing a similar system in my Boxster..
Hertz Mille pro 70.3 and tweeters in the dashboard and Hertz Mille pro mpk 165 6.5" in the doors.

Also a pioneer HU in network mode, but since the 6,5 in the doors needs to have a crossover setting for ca 250hz they need to be in stereo, so I am running the mid and high in the dashboard from four channels of one amp, and the doorspeakers from a separate 2 channel amp.

Have started tweaking a bit and personally I need more bottom fill in low hz so next step will be to rebuilding the bose enclosure on the shelf for two flat 8" subwoofers which will also be driven of a separat amp.

Have also installed a backup camera.. you too?

Have inserted quite a bit dampening in the doors and dashboard, and the door speaker enclosures, but the sound will never be good when driving so my goal is to not fokus on ambient/highway/road sounds but just on interior rattle and speaker invironment when car is standing still.

Still got some static noise from the car both with motor running and not.. you too?
I am still in the purchasing stage! I bought a single DIN HU pioneer deh-prs80, havent received it yet. I swapped dash speakers and changed the 490 amp to a 6 channel last year, but still not happy with the sound so started a revamped.

You have the speaker configuration i was think of in network mode. 6.5 component in doors. I bought a extra set of nokia boxes to use so i can cut up. Want to be able to put back original so working to conserve pieces.

So dash was thinking to put a 4” mid and tweeter there. Send sub signal to doors mid to 4” and hi to tweets, using a 5 channel amp put doors in mono mode.

Since you are in that set up what is your take on the sound?

Other than the method you are going to do i see no way to get a decent sub set up in there. In the DIY post someone used a 8” round power sub, just fits behind the seat.

My extra 490 amp has not arrived yet, i am going to use that to make an interconnection unit between factory wiring harness and aftermarket amp.

Want to mount aftermarket amp where the CD changer is. Just not much room.
Glad you are finding this thread helpful, i have also. From post below i think i may pull the trigger on the hertz mille excellent price.