View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 01:54 PM   #11
Qmulus
inveniam viam aut faciam

There is a TSB floating around for the late 986, although I can't find it online now. I have a hard copy that I printed from a pdf that I found somewhere. It may be been on renntechDOTorg The nice thing is that it shows how to route the harnesses and vacuum lines, which is very different than on a 996 (obviously). I went to the trouble of getting the proper gauge and color Tefzel wire, and routed it all with the factory harnesses and through the correct connectors and terminals on the body and engine harnesses. I ran the oil pressure wire for the 996 cluster while I was at it. Kind of a PITA, but I like things to look like they were done at the factory.

The interesting thing is that you would think the cutout for excess noise would be more RPM based than speed if it was done because of potential drone (one popular theory, but there is no drone with the PSE, no matter what). I have driven mine with the speed cutout active and disabled and can't really tell the difference, probably because the PSE doesn't seem to do a lot anyway. From a driver's perspective the intake noise is most prevalent.