View Single Post
Old 02-26-2018, 11:26 AM   #481
geraintthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrumpyAl View Post
Wow. There’s a lesson for us all there. My dealer puts the parts in Porsche labelled bags sealed with a sticker that has my name on it. Makes me feel special [emoji38]

The lights look mint now, why so hazy on the inside do you think? Was there any moisture getting in? Did you use any paint or sealant that should have been left to cure before assembly perhaps?
I've no idea, I remember it being like that when I originally fit the projectors, but thought it was on the outside and thought I'd buff it at a later stage, but it was on the inside all along. When I wiped it, it was black on the cloth, so possibly some residue off the halogen bulbs over the 15 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAN View Post
If you want new consumables (which I normally prefer), Porsche dealership is where I go. They know, it is just a matter of time for you to pick up a higher margin or more expensive item
Always check their online data base for prices. and when I found something I get an 18% discount on it due to my Porsche classic card. Btw, gives you an idea what margins are on spare parts. But afterall I am happy and that is what counts.
PORSCHE is NOT necessarily the greediest fish in the tank.

Your Boxster looks so special, and the "new" lights are really nice.
Thanks for the kind words, hugely appreciate it! I plan to keep it for as long as possible, with some huge updates on the way.

Porsche classic card? Online database for prices? Care to explain? :O

Bi-xenon Headlight Upgrade | 987 S 18" Anthracite Alloys | Android Head Unit | 5000k 55w HID's | 5000k Cree DRL's | 5000k Cree number plate lights | Cree LED Indicators | One-touch roof operation | Bypass exhaust pipes | Parking sensors | Ambient footwell lighting
geraintthomas is offline   Reply With Quote