View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 03:41 PM   #1
Boxstard

Wet trunk floor...

No, it was not coolant caused by infamous leaky reservoir, thank god!!! Fluid has no smell, thin and clear. I peeled back carpet and area below the tank was dry, just to confirm my senses.

Car was parked outside, when it was raining hard all day. Most soaked area was the right corner but middle floor got slightly wet. My weatherstrip looks great and no trace of leak around it, or even around the taillight housing.

I removed the wooden floorboard and found rubber bellows under the rear spoiler shaft/ cylinder, it appears to drain water through the floor. I noticed tiny tears in it but not sure if they could leak that much fluid. I disconnected the bellows from the plastic elbow tube and it was wet inside, even a few days after the rain. I blew air through it to make sure no clogging.

Anyone experienced water/ rain leakage into trunk, and what did you do to fix it? Could the rubber bellows and/ or clogged drain be it?
1997 Boxster arctic silver/ red, XNE riveted mahogany/ leather steering wheel & 917-style wood shift knob, Ben’s short shifter, PSE, 996 TB, UDP, stereo/ center console delete, hardtop and speedster humps, daily driver rain or shine or snow!
Boxstard is offline   Reply With Quote