View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 09:01 PM   #1
986bsdriver

Ipas codes, anyone run into this situation before?

So with a lot of help and direction, I finally received my ipas codes for my 01 boxster S.

Having received them I noticed that the codes are rather odd, and for those that have them may understand what I’m talking about. With the exception of one set, they all look like they have been altered or possibly changed at one point. I tried googling my situation and only 2 hits popped up and one was on Pedro’s bird and another in the workshop manual.

The DME programming code is literally 000000, and that would also be the code entered when programming a new DME from porsche for the first time. The other person that ran into the issue never got a response on that thread.

Also, the learning code and immobilizer code is almost as hilarious as the DME programming code is. This leads me to believe that when that it is quite possible that when the car was under warranty, the ecu and immobilizer units possibly got replaced and the tech never programmed the old codes back in. Or something happened and it may have been changed along the way and updated at the Porsche database. Haven’t tried codes yet as I am waiting for another member to come near me and load a tune in so it’ll be a while until we both find out.

Either way, the radio code is right as I convinced the dealership to sell me that at the cost of my first born, and the alarm code seems normally random.

Anybody have any insight as to why it might be like that or a totally random thing by chance?
986bsdriver is offline   Reply With Quote