View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 01:16 AM   #4
mikeyg

I ran an OBDII test and the car came up with no faults.
Other interogations of the system came up ok (manufacturer - Porsche, VIN number etc) so I assume the OBDII and Torque software is talking to the car ok?

Funny though...
I've been in the UK for 10days and the car hasn't moved from the spot at the top of the street where it came to rest after it's transmission "mishap".
I tried to unlock with the phob but it wouldn't work. I unlocked with the key and the problem i've been having with the window not dropping the 1/4 inch to get in had gone! (another thread on this!)
Yay! Although when I locked up again later, the 2 beeps and driver side not dropping started happening again! no yay! I'll come back to this one after I get the thing moving again!

Little bit of good news
When I started the car to test OBDII, I tried gear... it engaged and started to bite in both reverse and first!
I thought I'd risk moving it onto the drive. It drove in first (i went slow) then I backed up ready to go over my pretty steep curb and reverse into the driveway.
It just got there. By the time I'd got over the lip, it was just reving and not engaging (lost drive reverse and first again) and sounding not right again but at least I was in the property.
I put in neutral and pushed into where I wanted it after that. It's inside and safe so a bit of a weight off my mind and on a flat surface ready for me to work on it

The good things I take from it are:-
At least the transmission had not locked fully or broken and even though it engaged for a mere few meters, at least it did!
Also, when in neutral it is disengaged so again allowing me to push, it's not locked.
Engine turns over fine

I've got on order an oil pump ready for a transmission oil change and I'm ordering a good supply of trans oil and a filter later. 4 axle jacks and an oil tray ready to go and a digital temperature checker!

With no errors displayed, is this the best first course of action?
Hope someone can again advise.
Mike
mikeyg is offline   Reply With Quote