View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 06:14 PM   #6
flynavyj

Think your'e checking for the typical "obvious" problems.

Service History
Recent Service Performed
Previous Owner Knowledge on the model
Oil Leaks
CV Joints
Strange Sounds (Creeks and moans)
Convertible top operation
Steering components
Brake Condition
Transmission Operation
Clutch Operation

I actually have a PPI printout list that the previous owner of my car and I went through together before I took it to the Porsche dealership for a lookover. But many of the items are fit and finish type stuff.

Make sure the heat works, make sure the heated seats work, make sure the turn signals and all other lights work, ensure the air conditioning works (might be tough in a CT winter).

Check a cold start - Check a warm start - How's the battery (People often cheap and get a tiny little battery for these cars as opposed to the larger factory styled battery...good spot to see if someone has really taken good care of things.

Biggest thing you'll need is a test drive, and really drive the car. I've only owned mine for a few weeks now, and am surprised that i've put about 400 miles on it already. The previous owner only managed 2,800 miles in two years, and I've been racking up miles through the dead of winter...and it's my "sunday" car....but any day that's not freezing cold, snowing, or sleeting has been Sunday for me. I really imagine this car will get plenty of use during the spring, summer, and fall once the weather has broken and I can take it to work with me on the regular. They're absolutely fantastic cars to drive!

As to the "daily driven" part...I could honestly see me selling the car in a few years for a 911. Not so much because I want some extra performance (although more gitty-up is always fun) but I do love the idea of a fixed roof and back seats (makes shuttling the kids easier). I could almost imagine ditching my Daily Driver and the Boxster and purchasing a used 996 or 997...or just ditch the daily driver and keep both the Boxster and a 911...but who knows.
flynavyj is offline   Reply With Quote