View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 03:45 AM   #23
Troutman

I ordered a new IMS tool kit from Design 911 in Essex. 2 days later it arrived, they had sent the wrong one but quickly dispatched another correct one which was the only one they stock, the EPS tool kit not LN( which the bearing is ...from them!)
They stock all the tool kits from LN but not the Retrofit one.

Anyway it appeared to me the kit had been used already which I am discussing with them now..nothing wrong with that..it just shouldn't be full price (£200).
Bearing came out easily enough, there was lots of black oil behind it but it appears to be very solid , no play at all, and quite stiff to turn. By this I mean if you hold it by the centre bolt and try to spin it, it won't. It does turn but you have to do it, it doesn't roll at all but it's smooth. The outer seal is very hard to remove, it's in very good condition.
Here it is

You can see old grease still coming out at 11)clock position.

I am getting a RMS tool made up from plastic by the same chap who made my exhaust stud drill guides, this will ensure it's 13mm and dead square.
All these tools will be available for hire (in the UK) when I've finished this.

It's quite amazing to think that the whole IMS, chains etc are all supported at the flywheel end by that tiny centre bolt. There must be some force from the cams that the bolt has to deal with.

Last edited by Troutman; 02-10-2018 at 04:45 AM.
Troutman is offline   Reply With Quote