View Single Post
Old 02-06-2018, 08:20 PM   #7
MWS

Soooo...has Musk now officially passed Steve Jobs as the best product promoter?

I'll admit, I never really drank the Musk Kool-Aid, but I have to give him giant (planet sized?) kudos for creating a huge buzz...and I (regretfully) must admit that not only is he a visionary, but seems to be able to turn his "crazy" ideas into reality. For perspective, let's roll back the clock to when the Boxster was to be released and we are collectively reading some publication detailing how Porsche is going to build a roadster, while a few pages further in, there is an interview with someone who is claiming that they are going to start a new car company, build only electric cars and blatantly states "people will jump on a waiting list for a year just to get the chance to buy one....oh, and I'm going to build rockets too." At this point I am assuming that we all just shook our heads and laughed, tossing the magazine aside...without even finishing the article, or reading "and I'm going to colonize Mars." There might have even been something about matter transfer devices, battery operated of course.

(Note: Please don't take me to task on the presented timeline, or ask for a publication source.)
MWS is offline   Reply With Quote